+ Object Creation Part 1: The Beginner's Guide To
The long awaited beginner’s tutorial has arrived! This tutorial is a must for anyone wanting to learn to mesh. Beta Tested, this tutorial has already helped some create who thought they never could.
This is a comprehensive guide to beginner meshing. It will walk you through the ins and outs of creating a simple mesh in Milkshape. You will create a simple table using Milkshape, map with UV Mapper Classic and you will also learn some mapping using Milkshape’s tools.
This tutorial will cover some instances of TSR Workshop. You will learn how to clone the mesh in TSR Workshop and how to create sun shadows for your mesh. You will also learn how to adjust ground shadows for your new mesh. Then we will walk you through re-importing your new mesh into Workshop.
Finally, at the very end is some extra mapping instruction using Milkshape that you can use to practice your newly acquired skills.
Once you follow up with Cyclonesue’s Tutorial Object Creation Part 2: Object Textures, You will have a mesh you can be proud of and use in your game.
Download tutorial as PDF under "Files" above!
- Resource What is the maximum polygon/vertex count for objects?
- Resource What has changed in Sims 3 creating?
- Resource What size should my UV maps be?
- Resource What is a primitive?
- Resource What is Unwrapping?
- Resource What is UV Mapping?
- Resource My object vanishes in the game! What's wrong?
- Resource Where do I place the Workshop plugins?
- Resource Where do I find the Workshop plugins for Milkshape?
- Resource How do I assign my vertices to joints in Milkshape?
- Resource Workshop: Import failed - could not find any recognizable digits
- Resource Can Milkshape read my 3D format?
- Resource How do I mesh a counter in Workshop?
- Resource What size should my DDS textures be?
- Resource My patterns are very stretched and blurred – why?
- Resource Workshop: import failed - group count does not match
- Resource My creation appears to be missing or invisible! Why?
- Resource Workshop: Import failed - buffer cannot be null
- Resource How do I use the Workshop?
- Resource Why does my mesh have dark shadows?
- Resource How do I delete a joint in Milkshape?
- Resource My glass pane or mirror is missing - what's wrong?
- Resource What programs do I need for meshing and 3D modelling?
- Resource What are smoothing groups?
- Resource How do I create a Sims 3 object?
- Resource Why are there high AND low detail meshes?